Thursday, October 27, 2016

Stella McCartney's Models Wear Her Sustainable Fashion Ethos Close To Their Hearts

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/stella-mccartney-paris-fashion-week-sustainable_uk_57f36a2de4b056365584a8af

An interesting way to make a statement. I'm just wondering about its efficacy. As someone who has no problem wearing plain, solid colored t-shirts (and hoodies in the winter), fashion isn't exactly my thing. I never watch fashion shows, or pay attention to trends. I went out of my way to find this article, and would have never clicked it of my own volition (or visited the Huffington Post for that matter). So, I'm wondering, for the people who DO pay attention, what's your take? Is is effective? Or is it just another lukewarm marketing attempt?

Taken from the article:

"McCartney took advantage of the slogan tee trend to ensure it missed nobody’s attention that her collection was “animal free” with “no leather and no fur”.

"Models dressed in organic cotton muslin, eco-friendly suede and vegan leather danced down the runway at the Opéra Garnier on Monday 3 October.

""Every single day, myself and my entire team are challenging ourselves and the industry: what we can do better? So here we are, and this is the start of our journey, and as you can see, we are not perfect but something is better than nothing.

"“I’m hoping to share and encourage the industry to join in, and evaluate its environmental footprint for our future.”"

No comments:

Post a Comment