Thursday, October 13, 2016

Difference between Sustainable and Responsible Marketing and Green-washing!

 As I have recently been reading extensively on sustainability, in general and on sustainable marketing in particular, I have encountered a lot of thing, that marketers might not want to associate themselves with! A good example of that would be greenwashing, pretending green when your (company) is not! This has let me to more questions than answers and trying to find out a nexus between Sustainable and Responsible Marketing and Greenwashing if there is any! Why do companies lie about the nature of their activities or simply why do marketers take a lead in that? Is it just being greed or green is cool and people like cool things? Is all this for a short-term profit? It was very frustrating that I have wasted a lot of my time reading and could not find convincing answers and ended up monologuing and convincing myself that not all companies have to be sustainable or green but all companies must be responsible. After few days, I resumed my research and luckily ended up reading on some companies that I know for real, raising the flag of sustainable mining, not responsible mining my the way! Yes sustainable mining if you have not read it appropriately! Yes again, sustainable depleting of mines, and sustainable polluting their surrounding ecosystem with whatever chemicals possibly available, just to name few, cyanide!
Honestly speaking the latter issue was an eye opening for me and has let me to something that I have never done before, praying that UN could extend the notion of R2P to include businesses! Please pray with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment