Sunday, November 6, 2016

Uniqlo's clothing recycling program

I went to Uniqlo this week and found this on my receipt:



Due to my limited Japanese, I guess the meaning of the small paragraph is that, Uniqlo will like to deliver its recycled clothing to refugees,  and if you have any unneeded Uniqlo clothing, please recycle it through the box in its store. It would help Uniqlo fulfill its responsibility.

According to Uniqlo website, it has been doing this recycling program since 2017, and in total have donated 16.32 million pieces to people in need.

I guess this is at least a good way to demo Uniqlo's extended producer responsibility, to retrieve its 'waste' back and reuse it. However, this is still not close-loop. I wonder what would happen after the clothing is worn and refugees throw it away. There is really still a long way to go for real responsibility realization.



http://www.uniqlo.com/en/csr/refugees/recycle/

No comments:

Post a Comment